Commercial Deep Cleaning has become a big topic with business owners in the North East of England. After being rocked over the past 18 months, more and more people have turned their attention to deep cleaning, how can we not? We need to stay open to survive.
The papers are full of headlines such as “South Shields pub to close for deep clean after customer tests positive for coronavirus” – Source: The Shields Gazette and “Coronavirus in schools LIVE: Full list of North East schools closed or with pupils self-isolating” – Source: Chronicle Live
It is now more important than ever to keep not only yourself safe, but all of your staff and customers too.
Quidos Cleaning have put together a list of some commonly asked questions relating to Commercial Deep Cleaning for businesses in the North East and Beyond.
What are some COVID-19 precautions in the workplace during the COVID-19 pandemic?
The UK Government is the best place to check for up to date advice. The latest guidance at the time of publishing this article is:
“Frequent cleaning of surfaces, particularly those that people touch often, reduces the potential for COVID-19 to spread and is a critical part of working safely.
- Ensure you are maintaining clean workspaces through regular use of your usual cleaning products.
- Frequently clean surfaces, particularly those that people touch often. Pay particular attention to those in high-traffic areas, such as door handles, lift buttons and handrails.
- Regularly clean shared equipment, such as microphones used by speakers at events, between users where this is practical.
- Frequently clean toilet facilities. Set clear use and cleaning guidance to ensure they are kept clean, including putting up a visible and up-to-date cleaning schedule. Special care should be taken for cleaning of portable toilets and larger toilet blocks.
- If you are cleaning after a known or suspected case of COVID-19, follow the guidance on cleaning in non-healthcare settings.”
We also recommend booking a Commercial Deep Clean service with Quidos Cleaning.
How are germs spread in the workplace?
According to an article from EHS Today “The flu and other infections generally are spread by coughing, sneezing, talking near someone and by touching unsanitized hands to the face.
People may become infected by touching something — such as a surface or object — with flu viruses on it and then touching their mouth or nose.
Studies have shown that influenza virus can survive on surfaces and can infect a person for 2 to 8 hours after being deposited on the surface.
In addition to surface hazards, unwashed hands can pose an equal hazard in the workplace by spreading germs and other substances, such as toxic chemicals and heavy metals.
Germs can be spread when people touch common surfaces, such as equipment and “hot spots” like dispensers, doorknobs and handles in heavily trafficked communal areas such as bathrooms and break rooms.”
This shows that a deep clean is essential for your business. To stop the spread of germs and keep your staff and customers safe.
What is a commercial deep clean?
A Commercial deep clean is a far more thorough cleaning of your business space. A normal daily cleaning routine will only involve:
- Dusting desks, telephones and flat surfaces
- Hoovering/Mopping around the premises
- Emptying garbage and recycling bins
Whereas a deep clean of your business is a thorough top to bottom of your building including sanitization and making sure it is a safe place for you and your business to operate.
What does a commercial deep clean involve?
A Commercial Deep Clean with Quidos Cleaning involves:
- Carpet and floor cleaning & disinfecting
- Fabric seat and couch disinfecting
- Kitchen and welfare cleaning
- Cleaning toilets and sinks
- Skirting board, door frame and door cleaning
- Full room disinfecting and anti-viral fogging
Your staff and customer can be safe in the knowledge that your business is sanitized to the highest standard and certified.
What does a deep clean include?
Quidos Cleaning uses specialist anti-viral & sanitising fogging services which is effective against bacteria, including:
- Coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Hepatitis A, B, and C
- Influenza A Virus
- Klebsiella pneumoniae (ESBL)
- Coronavirus Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
Does steam cleaning really sanitize?
Not only does it sanitize and clean at the same time, killing 99.999% of harmful viruses, pathogens and bacteria, but it is also eco-friendly and does not require chemicals or detergents, just superheated water!
Steam is really effective when it comes to cleaning surfaces, as it is able to get into cracks and pores that may not be normally accessible.
The steam loosens dirt and grease, which can then be more easily wiped away. Steam cleaners don’t just clean dirt, they can also kill 99.9999% of bacteria. Killing most germs on surfaces. This is a great way to clean and sanitize your business.
At Quidos Cleaning Services we have created the ultimate deep clean and antiviral sanitising team. Our carefully selected highly skilled team have extensive experience in domestic and commercial cleaning.
They have now been trained to offer a number of antiviral sanitising services to accommodate any business establishment big or small and also outdoor public gathering areas.
We aim to provide a service that offers antiviral protection to every domestic or industrial premises.
- Kills 99.9% Known Viruses
- Protect your Business and Customers
- No premises too big or small.
Our commercial cleaners are experienced in cleaning all sizes of buildings in the North East of England including:
- Children’s Soft Plays
- Warehouses and Factories
- and many more
We check, recruit, train, and make sure both management and cleaning staff fully understand your specifications and agreements of the contract before work begins.
A clean environment portrays a professional image. A positive respectful attitude achieves trust and reliability.
An all-round bespoke service results in repeat business, client recommendations and long-lasting relationships.
Our cleaning team understands that having a clean and hygienic environment can help the company protect and enhance its professional image. It also contributes to staffs’ enjoyment and efficiency.
We cover end to end industrial clean-up services with Fully-trained technicians who can offer a range of professional services
Contact us for a no-obligation quote on 0191 731 8555 or drop us an email by clicking here.
Written By: Chris Lawlor